May 2020 – May 2023
American University, School of International Service (SIS)
Bachelor of Arts in International Studies, Certificate in Advanced Leadership Studies
Honors: School of International Service 3-year BA Global Scholars Program, School of Public Affairs Leadership Program
August 2016 – May 2020
George Washington Carver Center for Arts & Technology
April 2021 – Present
Director of External Affairs, Washington International Relations Conference
- Aids in the planning and execution of the Washington International Relations Conference IX.
- Serves as nexus of communication between advisors and conference staff.
- Operates and manages the registration process.
- Maintains social media platforms for WIRC IX.
- Provides Model United Nations training for students in the DMV area.
January 2021 – Present
Professional Exchanges Intern, The World Trade Center Institute
- Collaborates with the Professional Exchanges team to organize international delegations’ visits to Maryland.
- Communicates with State Department and private sector organizations to propose programs and coordinate international
- Aids in the research and development of USAID-sponsored program pertaining to STEM education in U.S.
January 2021 – Present
Copy Editor, AmLit
- Manages copy editing assistants and reviews their editing work.
- Collaborates with editor-in-chief to format and print semester-based publication.
- Produces blog content on a variety of art-related topics.
- Leads a literary event for the American University community
December 2021 – Present
Delegate, American University’s Model United Nations Team
- Serves as member of the 3rd best Model United Nations team in North America.
- Selected among a competitive group of applicants based on collaboration and public speaking.
- Participates in competitive Model United Nations conferences, enhancing skills in debate, public speaking, and
September 2020 – April 2021
Intern, Middle East North Africa (MENA) Spotlight
- Curates and edits resources that inform public about pertinent topics to the MENA region.
- Collaborates with NGO leadership to develop website.
- Assists in research relating to topics of conflict resolution and women, minority, and children rights in MENA.
- Wrote and edited a collection of personal essays that detail the modern coming-of-age story of a girl.
- Designed and formatted book on Kindle Direct Publishing software.
- Read excerpts from book in front of a live audience in partnership with The Ivy Bookshop.
September 2016 – May 2020
President, Carver Center Model United Nations
- Elected for two terms to serve as a nexus of communication between delegates and staff.
- Fundraised over $900 to reduce conference cost to students.
- Received various awards for conference performance.
Page, Maryland General Assembly – House of Delegate
- Selected as Baltimore County representative in the Maryland General Assembly’s Page Program
- Developed an understanding of the legislative process by working alongside delegates in a formal legislative session.
- Conversed with Governor Larry Hogan and various politicians about state political issues.
May 2020 – Present
Student, School of International Service Global Scholars Program
- Selected to participate in 3-year BA program in International Studies.
- Works in a rigorous environment to graduate a year early.
May 2020 – Present
Teaching Assistant and Student, School of Public Affairs Leadership Program
- Selected for program to develop and advance leadership skills; certificate in Advanced Leadership Studies.
- Leads student research projects.
- Conducts research projects that address social issues.
St. Vincent de Paul Summer Camp, Counselor
- Worked at summer camp for homeless youth in Baltimore.
- Assisted in academic lessons to enrich summer learning for children.
- Supervised children on field trips, activities, and more.
The Book Thing, Shelver
- Volunteered at non-profit “bookstore” that provides free, donated books to the Baltimore community.
- Shelved books in their designed genres.
- Assisted community members in finding their desired books.
Happy Helpers for the Homeless, Sorter
- Volunteered at non-profit that provides food and clothing to the Baltimore homeless population.
- Organized donations for distribution.
- Assisted in the distribution of the donations.
- 3 academic achievements while playing sport
- 4 honorable mentions from Scholastics Art & Writing Awards in Poetry, Short Story, Humor, and Personal Essay
- 2 Silver Keys from Scholastics Art & Writing Awards in Writing Portfolio and Short Story
- American University Presidential Scholarship
- Carver Center Foundation Leadership Scholarship
- 1 Spanish Certification from CLIC International House in Sevilla, Spain
- Third Place as Best Negotiating Team, First Place as Best Public Speaker in Advanced Category, and Second Place as Best Delegation in Advanced Category from Towson University Model United Nations Conference
- Computer: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite, InDesign, Kindle Direct Publishing
- Language: English (Native), Spanish (Intermediate)DeleServes as member of the 3rd best Model United Nations team in North America