Throughout my time at American University, I’ve been able to get involved with various organizations and have been able to work on multiple projects. Within these endeavors, I have been able to grow as both a leader and a follower.
- Alpha Xi Delta Sorority Iota Phi Chapter
- Executive Marketing Director (January 2020 – August 2020)
- Social Chair (April 2019 – December 2019)
- Graphic Design Chair (December 2018 – December 2019)
- Sustainable Ocean Alliance
- Member (January 2019 – January 2020)
- She’s the First
- Member (August 2017 – Present)
- Fighting Against Barriers: A Voice to the Voiceless
- January 2021 – Present
- Connecting volunteer interpreters and translators from American University with organizations that assist migrant individuals facing legal battles. The goal of this project is to break down language barriers that hinder immigrants’ rights.
- Alcohol’s Effect on Student Sexual Assault: Ending the Connection
- September 2019 – December 2019
- Informed members of the American University community about the dangers of alcohol as it relates to sexual assault in college.
- “Consent: Ask For It” Campaign
- September 2017 – March 2018
- Discussed gender and sexuality with the American University community in order to inform people on safe and consensual sex, break down stigmas, shed light on the flaws and heteronormativity of school sex education, and reclaim gendered stereotypes.