Blog Post 1

In the current world, the matter of climate change and preservation of nature are important goals to strive for and to be conscious of. I am personally very interested in the subject and is the reason that I chose to take this class. Throughout, my life, I have participated in many activities and roles which promote these ideas. I am an Eagle Scout, meaning that I have been on countless service projects having to do with nature, as well as many camping trips that allowed me to connect with nature on a more personal level. I have seen first-hand, the impact of human involvement on nature and seen how people are trying to restore it. Aside from this, I also see the more legislative side of business. I was part of a small group promoting to white house representatives important environmentally safe practices for religious institutions on the east coast

Currently, I am studying business which is very intertwined with the environment. Big business is many times are the ones many point fingers to in regard to harming the environment. However, throughout many of Kogod courses I have learned how this is changing. In the courses I have taken so far, we learn how big businesses are starting to feel more corporate responsibility to the environment. Protecting earth from pollution and global warming are becoming more important to people, and businesses are starting to feel the obligation for the part they play in the world. As a result, many businesses are adding sectors in their company with the sole purpose of managing these environmental concerns to try and abide by the government standards

Aside from just big business, many non-profits have opened up with the goal of helping the environment. Through my research I have found that the EDF, Environmental Defense Fund, is one such nonprofit having over two million members. These non-profits seek to find lasting solutions to environmental problems we have today, and employ many businesspeople to work them. https://www.edf.org/sites/default/files/documents/business_and_the_fourth_wave.pdf

17 Replies to “Blog Post 1”

1. With better development of economics, many heavy industries and tail gas from cars pollute the air, or other kinds of pollutions threaten the environment. It is very bad for the environment and it is harmful to people’s health. As you said, many big non-profit companies focus on protecting the environment. They collect the fund and look for professional workers to solve environmental problems. I hope the environment can improve a lot after the help of these non-profit businesses. Let’s take action together to keep a good environment!

1. Nonprofits like the EDF play a crucial role in driving sustainable solutions and often collaborate with businesses to achieve environmental goals. For those interested in further exploring the intersection of business and environmentalism, or any academic research, visit https://writinguniverse.com/essay-types/ this resource. There you can find how to write essays and gain deeper insights into these complex topics.

2. The development of human industrial production has already caused significant problems for climate change and natural protection. These problems are not only what the government should pay attention to, but also our awareness. You talked about many nonprofits have opened up intending to help the environment. And I think this is an excellent way to let more people come to protect the environment. We should work together to make a better environment!

3. The Environmental Defense Fund was a great example of a non-profit organization aiming to help the environment. It is interesting that larger companies are now starting to become more aware of their impact on the environment. I also think that having groups, such as the one you were a part of, to promote environmentally safe practices can have a large impact on society and the way environmental issues are viewed.

4. I agree with your perspective, The problem of global warming is not confined to a single country or region, but the problem is affecting all human beings and Future generations. Industrial development and automobile exhaust have become an endless cycle, people want to have higher technology and more mature technology to benefit mankind. But what’s happening is that people are going against the grain because of development. Then how to benefits both sides is troubling people. From my perspective, we need to teach a “lesson” for all mankind. It’s not just a preliminary understanding, but there are more people like you or like environmental groups who are really going into action.

5. The rapid development of modern society is accompanied by serious pollution problems. The most serious of these is that air pollution and water pollution are closely related to our daily lives. Exhaust emissions from factories flow into the air, while industrial waste emissions also flow into lakes and the ocean. These have caused damage to the ecosystem. We should take measures to protect the environment and the homes we live in together.

6. Nowadays, the environmental issue becomes more and more critical. With the reduction of natural resources, we need to be aware of what we are doing and take responsibility for our actions. I appreciate you bringing up this topic because this issue becomes only more relevant every other day. In my opinion, it’s essential to participate in an environmental organization and talk about this problem so more people will be aware and will do the part in solving the issue.

7. I think is very cool and interesting how have you contributed and have tried to make the planet a better space through your actions, that is a heroic thing that not everybody does, but should do. I am also a business major in Kogod and also have learned through various courses that Business does care about saving the planet and not just from the economic point of view but also from the environmental point of view that this is a problems that affects each one of us and big corporation play a major roll on keeping the planet clean so it can last for as long as possible.

8. Environmental problems are serious, and these are needing us to take action from 2 different sides, as the author has mentioned. The first one is joining activities and has real experience about what’s going on around the world. The second one is gaining related academic knowledge and learning from actual cases in the world. As the author claims, there are more and more Non-profit organization has emerged to help build a better world. It’s an honor to see people are trying to make up for mistakes that we have done. The worst situation is doing nothing.

9. I am an economics major and the environment is a huge factor of economic welfare. Climate change would increase income inequalities within economies and so the climate problems need to be dealt with. Climate change negatively affects resources in the economy making the economy harder to function. One of the reasons I took this class was to understand the topic of climate change deeper. My take on the matter is very similar to that of the author’s, economics and business have the same relation to climate change.

10. I don’t know much about businesses and their contribution on the environment, but after reading this post it’s nice to know that there is change happening. I did know that big businesses produce a lot of toxins that go into the air we breathe and can get into the food and water we consume so I think the author did a good job on educating the audience on how they have seen climate change in action and what they know is being done to stop it. I took this class to try to learn more about climate change I also think it’s good that courses at AU provide this knowledge to their students.

11. I’m a huge fan of The Band Perry (thebandperry.com)! Their country-pop fusion is captivating, with powerful vocals and heartfelt lyrics. From early hits like “If I Die Young” to recent releases, their versatility and talent always leave me wanting more. Keep rocking!

12. I’m a student dealing with a time-consuming homework assignment. Unfortunately, I lack the time to tackle it properly. I’m interested in exploring options to get help from experts, and I’d appreciate any advice you can share.

13. FC Mobile brings the nostalgia of classic gaming to your fingertips, with its portable design and library of beloved retro titles. Experience the joy of timeless gaming anywhere, anytime. For more information you can visit: https://fcmobilemodapk.com/

14. Business and casinos have a longstanding and intricate relationship, blending entertainment, hospitality, and commerce into a dynamic industry. Casinos https://sattamatka.tech/ are not just about gaming; they are sophisticated enterprises that encompass a wide array of business elements.
    At the heart of the casino business model is gaming revenue, generated from various games of chance like slots, blackjack, poker, and roulette. These games attract patrons seeking excitement and the possibility of winning big. However, the success of a casino also relies on ancillary revenue streams such as accommodations, dining, entertainment, and retail offerings.