Smart Cities

Last semester, I took a complex problems class called “Maxing Out Planet Earth”. In this class we learned about ways to help the environment in order to support the growing population. One thing that stood out to me from this class was the topic of “Smart Cities”. Smart Cities are urban cities that use technology to improve life and the environment, which can include things such as free wi-fi in all public spaces, or robots to deliver food and packages. At the same time, smart cities also aim to be environmentally friendly through the use of this technology and by incorporating things that are good for the environment such as more biking paths or renewable energy sources. Even though we already have “smart” devices like Amazon Alexa and smart security devices, there are not many cities that are full of smart technology.

One example of a “smart city” is Songdo, South Korea. This city is made of 40% green space with many biking and walking paths, charging stations for electric vehicles are all throughout the city, there is a central waste disposal system which reduces the need for garbage trucks, and solar panels and LED lights can be found in most buildings throughout the city. The biking and walking paths can encourage people to not use cars as much which emit harmful gases, and the charging stations could encourage more people to get electric vehicles. The city is also built around a central park that is filled with local plants to maintain biodiversity. The main aim of smart cities is to use technology to promote environmentalism, and Songdo is one city that is doing that well.

Image result for smart cityThis picture sums up smart cities. Picture source: https://internetofbusiness.com/global-smart-city-platform-market/

I think smart cities would be good for the environment because they could not only make things easier for us, but also help improve the environment. We could cut down on gas emissions and our electricity use, and overall save a lot of energy.

12 Replies to “Smart Cities”

1. It’s an interesting topic. I think this is what the future of cities might look like. It can not only make people stronger every day, but also reduce the exhaust from traditional cars. I think since the 5G era is coming, it will not be far to integrate big data through the Internet to create such a future city. I think this kind of city is good for protecting the air.

2. I agree that a “smart city” is a really great idea. I asked a question in my last common: How countries develop and at the same not damage the environment ecosystem. I think a “smart city” can be one of the answers to that question. Smart cities let people have an easier life and also protect the environment. We can imagine that if all countries use “smart city” as an idea to develop their own, the world can be better. However, the technology that smart city used can be very expensive, I think that’s why not many cities have. How can we solve that problem?

3. No matter developed Europe and America, or developing Africa and some Asian regions, most countries around the world are actively participating in the construction of smart cities. Smart cities are helping city managers to meet the challenges, and their global deployment has brought practical benefits to cities, including GDP growth, reduced unemployment, improved quality of life, and improved health and safety. This enables city managers to implement scientific decision-making, fine management, rapid response, and improve city competitiveness. However, there are still some problems to be overcome in the process of realizing the smart city. For example, with the continuous development of smart cities and smart buildings, the organizational structure and management process of the original users will inevitably be broken. We must actively train modern management talents, create a management organizational structure, and work actively to adapt it to the rapidly developing smart cities and smart buildings.

4. Smart Cities are an interesting topic as they seem to be where cities are headed now. As the world becomes more advanced these technological advantages seem to keep coming. Today you can see bikes and car rentals that weren’t in cities 5-10 years ago. However, now they are common place. However many times it is hard to see how the world, and specifically are becoming more green as well

5. It seems that we discussed the topic of ecology in one of the last English classes. This is a really hot topic. Actually, it’s cool that I found these english group classes on the platform Promova with which I can improve my level of the language with the best techniques, while still talking on interesting topics.

6. Effective marketing can make all the difference when it comes to growing your business. That’s why I turned to https://naturallinks.net/ for assistance. Their comprehensive resources and expert advice helped me to develop a marketing strategy that has allowed me to connect with more customers and achieve greater success.

7. Cooperation with a commercial intermediary will minimize risks. Emirates.Estate specialists are ready to offer the client a catalog of villas in Dubai that meet the customer’s needs and requirements. Mansions are thoroughly checked before being added to the database. The buyer will know about the construction and technical condition of the house, the features of equipping the garden area, and operational advantages and disadvantages. Emirates.Estate employees will select a villa according to their budget. The UAE offers cottages for every taste and color; even with a limited amount of money, it will be easy to find suitable housing. When working with aggregators, the search will take, at most, several days. Purchasing real estate through Emirates.Estate will help you complete the required documentation. Lawyers will check the documents’ compliance with current legislation and draw up a full-fledged agreement. The transaction will be not only financially sound but also legally safe.

web: https://emirates.estate/

8. As tenants, we often have to make choices about where we live based on what’s available and affordable. However, the rise of Smart Cities introduces a new factor to consider. These cities not only offer advanced technological amenities, such as free Wi-Fi in public spaces and innovative waste disposal systems, but they also focus on environmental sustainability. This includes more green spaces, biking and walking paths, and the use of renewable energy sources.

For those of us who are environmentally conscious and tech-savvy, the appeal of living in a Smart City is undeniable. It’s not just about having the latest technology at our fingertips, but also about being part of a community that values and actively contributes to a healthier planet.

If you’re currently searching for apartments for rent https://www.rentler.com/, it might be worth considering how these emerging Smart Cities could align with your lifestyle.

9. Technologies are important. Exploring online gaming platforms, I discovered 55club app, which combines games with a colour prediction app. It claims to offer real chances to win money. I’m keen to hear from anyone who has actually played games on this site. Is it trustworthy? How are the payout processes?