Mentor Post #3

Noah Higgins

03/29/2018

Mentor Post

I met with Professor Levan on Tuesday March 27th from 4:15 to 4:30. At our meeting we discussed my abstract and my analysis draft/outline. Regarding my abstract, he thought it was pretty solid overall but could use a few minor structural changes as well as a more major change that involved separating out and explaining more thoroughly several of the conclusions I discuss in the last sentence of my existing abstract.

Finally, we had a fairly extensive discussion about my analysis section. While I didn’t ask him to read through what I had written, I walked him through my outline of how I will be analyzing my variables. He recommended that I make sure to reiterate the rationale behind exploring each specific variable prior to presenting my evidence. The reason behind this is to make sure I tie my evidence and analysis back to the academic literature on the subject.

We also briefly discussed a recently released book on Viktor Orban which has been getting rave reviews. It is now on my reading list but only for after the semester is over.