Mentor Meeting 2/14

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018, I met with Professor Nicholson, my faculty mentor. We discussed the various ways to go about the methodology discussion. To some degree, quantitative analysis may be necessary in choosing my cases or examples that I will highlight through my research. It will not drive my research, rather serve the purpose of selecting “cases.” There needs to also be a decision on tracing the domestic policy of one country or a general stance. After I conduct minor quantitative analysis, I may find it more necessary to have a small or large number of “cases” to examine. Professor Nicholson and I also discussed the context of REDD+. REDD+ at first was very exciting and since the agreement in 2011, there has been a concern as to its impacts and its future. REDD+ is monumental within the field of international land management, and therefore the conversation and analysis on REDD+ must continue. Professor Nicholson recommended the reading “Timber” by Peter Dauvergne and Jane Lister which specifically focuses on the economic value of timber resources.