Isabella Silva

My comic for The Habitat focuses on the importance of nature and sunlight as well as a few other factors in correlation to your mood and even depression, especially relevant during our current pandemic. The sun character in my comic offers facts and suggestions about this topic, and I also explore how Carmel was affected while being in the dome, when she used to go out and run every day. The comic is fantasy-based and supposed to take place in our current time period, in this comic world even penguins and other creatures are affected by COVID-19.

6 replies
  1. kt6091a
    kt6091a says:

Hi Isabella, I really enjoyed reading your comic. I think that is was a great way to incorporate the pandemic into the message of your project. I enjoyed the drawings too, it made it easy and fun to read.

2. jb6578a
    jb6578a says:

Hi Isabella! This is creative as you connected the current situation of what we are going through right now, and what the crew had to go through during the HI-SEAS experiment. This comic really emphasizes what it is like inside the dome because I can relate to it right now as I’m stuck at home for a long time and that I get a sense of what it’s like for the crew to go through something like this for a whole year. Great job!

3. gw3940a
    gw3940a says:

This is such a creative idea; I loved reading it! It was humorous but also reminded me that I need to go outside today, even if I’m busy with finals, so I appreciate the message! You do a great job at linking your podcast with our real life situation. It was both simplistic and impactful. Nice work!

4. gs1461a
    gs1461a says:

Hi Isabella! I absolutely love this comic. It was really creative of you to connect it to the pandemic and how people are feeling right now. The comic, apart from being adorable, gives us a better understanding of what life in the dome was like for Carmel and the rest of the astronauts. Again, this is great.

5. ls9602a
    ls9602a says:

Hey Isabella! This comic was so cute and super creative. I loved your illustration style and I really like how you were able to merge The Habitat with what is currently going on in the world. Really really well done!

6. ms3220a
    ms3220a says:

Thank you everyone, I am really happy you like it! I feel like the episode was definitely relatable to what we’re going through now so I am glad I was able to capture that idea and see that others enjoyed it!