Mimi Post

For my project, I decided to make a fake persona on Instagram: missing_alexis_anderson. Alexis Anderson is a Van Lifer who doubles as a travel photographer with her furry sidekick Bolt and decides to go to different places by throwing a dart at a map in her van. A Van Lifer is someone who decides to live in a van and just travel around. Linked in Alexis’s bio is an article by the New Yorker that goes more into depth about Van Life as the aesthetic of the Instagram page is meant to highlight her adventures and what she learns whenever she goes to a new place. There are many reasons why people do this such as having a love for nature, cheaper living expenses or the freedom to go anywhere at any notice. Similar to Richard Simmons, these people tend to be rather free-spirited and do what they want to do regardless of society’s criticisms.

5 replies
  1. jb6578a
    jb6578a says:

Hey Mimi! This is very out-the-box thinking, and I love it! I didn’t listen to this podcast, but after reading your short description, and looking at the Instagram account, I can get a good idea of what the podcast is about, and if I listen to the podcast, I’m pretty sure this enhances the experience for the listener!

2. gw3940a
    gw3940a says:

Mimi- this account is great! You even went through all of the work of following people and getting followers, I’m honestly so impressed. All of your posts’ comments felt extremely connected to the points you were trying to make, but still felt short enough to feel like it was an authentic account. You really could’ve fooled me; great work!

3. es9568a
    es9568a says:

Hey Mimi! This idea was super cool! I think this was a really unique way to display a different kind of lifestyle. The connection you made with Missing Richard Simmons was also great. I never thought about that! There are just people who choose to go about life differently!

4. gs1461a
    gs1461a says:

Hi Mimi! This is such an interesting concept. I listened to the first episode of this podcast earlier, and seeing this connection really made me think about it in a different way. The account felt real, as if this were a real person who was actually living this life. It gives a glimpse into how some people just choose an unconventional way of life!

5. rb7549a
    rb7549a says:

Hi Mimi! This project was so unique and original and I loved every part of it! The instagram page looked so real and is super inviting to anyone who visits it. I loved seeing the different cultures that the page presented. It was also informational because I did not know what a van lifer was but now I do. The connection back to Richard Simmons is great. Great job!