Helpful Resources and Links
Internal AU Links and Resources
- The Academic Support and Access Center provides support and services for students with disabilities within the AU community. The center also offers resources for faculty and campus partners on how to best accommodate students with disabilities.
- American University also provides content publishing tools that include a set of accessibility best practices.
External Links and Resources
- Cast.org offers more information on Universal Design for Learning.
- Microsoft Office’s site contains resources and tutorials on working within specific Microsoft products to make your content accessible.
- The University of Minnesota’s Start Small, Start Now webpage provides practical and tactile advice on making your classroom more accessible.